Wrestle honey badgers! Start forest fires! Save the world as a beekeeper! FARA is a text-based roguelike that runs in your browser and has over 50 classes, a never-ending supply of dungeons, and countless secrets. The goal of the game is to collect enough Key Fragments to complete the Astral Key. Fragments can be found in many places - the depths of dangerous dungeons, the bottoms of lakes, or even in the pockets of unwitting strangers. Most notable actions in the game add to a score, and when you die, your score is added to a persistent total that unlocks new options the next time you play. FARA is in the alpha stage, and is buggy as hell. Feedback and bug reports are desired and encouraged!
Bug reports are particularly helpful at this stage, since there may or may not be a ton of issues, and they have the nasty tendency to stop the game dead in its tracks.
HOW TO PLAY
Use the [ Arrow Keys ] to move, press [ Tab ] to cycle through targets, [ E ] to interact, [ A ] to attack, and [ T ] to take things. There's way more to FARA, but that should be enough to get you
killed started. Collect 10 Key Fragments to save the world!
Latest Patch - 2018.06.18
- Added a new class, the Mad Scientist! They can bring inanimate objects they've created to life.
- Added capacity numbers to the holding, wearing, and inventory windows
- Added a few new encounter scenarios, and increased the number of settlements in the world
- Changed quivers from a ridged object type (wood, iron, etc) to a textile object type (leather, wool, etc)
- The game will now recognize and use ammunition in quivers, and prioritizes those before using ammunition scattered in one's inventory
- Using /give will no longer reset your target to the first possible option
- Did some more work to clean up ally interactions so that they're mostly uniform regardless of how you acquired the ally
|Published||28 days ago|
|Release date||28 days ago|
|Tags||browser, Difficult, Dungeon Crawler, Loot, Perma Death, Roguelike, Sandbox, Text based|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, High-contrast|
|Links||Community, Twitter, Patreon, Discord|
- 2018.06.18 Patch Notes22 hours ago
- 2018.06.17 Patch Notes1 day ago
- 2018.06.16 Patch Notes2 days ago
- 2018.06.15 Patch Notes3 days ago
- 2018.06.14 Patch Notes4 days ago
- 2018.06.13 Patch Notes5 days ago
- 2018.06.12 Patch Notes6 days ago
- 2018.06.11 Patch Notes7 days ago