Wrestle honey badgers! Start forest fires! Save the world as a beekeeper! FARA is a text-based roguelike that runs in your browser and has over 50 classes, a never-ending supply of dungeons, and countless secrets. The goal of the game is to collect enough Key Fragments to complete the Astral Key. Fragments can be found in many places - the depths of dangerous dungeons, the bottoms of lakes, or even in the pockets of unwitting strangers. Most notable actions in the game add to a score, and when you die, your score is added to a persistent total that unlocks new options the next time you play. FARA is in the alpha stage, and is buggy as hell. Feedback and bug reports are desired and encouraged!
Bug reports are particularly helpful at this stage, since there may or may not be a ton of issues, and they have the nasty tendency to stop the game dead in its tracks.
The desktop versions of FARA are updated monthly (with the exception of critical bug fixes), and the web version is updated a few times a week.
HOW TO PLAY
Use the [ Arrow Keys ] to move, press [ Tab ] to cycle through targets, [ E ] to interact, [ A ] to attack, and [ T ] to take things. There's way more to FARA, but that should be enough to get you
killed started. Collect 10 Key Fragments to save the world!
Latest Patch - 2018.12.16
- Reworked Scouts to be a bit more useful. Interacting with them now opens a menu which provides waypoint options.
- Fixed a crash caused by crafting fixed objects under certain circumstances
- Fixed a bug that prevented the actions of NPCs from having faded text
|Updated||1 day ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Release date||May 20, 2018|
|Genre||Role Playing, Adventure|
|Tags||Endless, Fantasy, Perma Death, Procedural Generation, Retro, Roguelike, Sandbox, Singleplayer, Text based|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, High-contrast|
|Links||Discord, Community, Twitter, Patreon|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- 2018.12.16 Patch Notes1 day ago
- 2018.10.15 Patch Notes2 days ago
- 2018.12.14 Patch Notes3 days ago
- 2018.10.02 Hotfix14 days ago
- Public Alpha 9 is LIVE - Lights! Doors! Danger!15 days ago
- 2018.11.16 Patch Notes32 days ago
- 2018.11.15 Patch Notes33 days ago
- 2018.11.13 Patch Notes34 days ago