Wrestle honey badgers! Start forest fires! Ride grizzly bears as a beekeeper! FARA is a text-based roguelike that runs in your browser and has over 60 classes, a never-ending supply of dungeons, and countless secrets. The goal of the game is to collect enough Key Fragments to complete the Astral Key. Fragments can be found in many places - the depths of dangerous dungeons, the bottoms of lakes, or even in the pockets of unwitting strangers. Most notable actions in the game add to a score, and when you die, your score is added to a persistent total that unlocks new options the next time you play. FARA is in the alpha stage, and is buggy as hell. Feedback and bug reports are desired and encouraged!
Bug reports are particularly helpful at this stage since they have the nasty tendency to stop the game dead in its tracks.
The web and desktop versions of FARA are updated a few times a week.
HOW TO PLAY
Use the [ Arrow Keys ] to move, press [ Tab ] to cycle through targets, [ e ] to interact, [ a ] to attack, and [ t ] to take things. There's way more to FARA, but that should be enough to get you
killed started. Collect 10 Key Fragments to save the world!
Latest Patch - 2019.02.16
- Added farming! It's pretty simple for now - drop a seed into a Hole and it'll turn into a Plot. After a day or so, your new plant(s) will shoot out of the ground.
- In order for rescue quests to be completed successfully, the person must now be returned alive.
- NPCs with high Intelligence or Wisdom are now more prone to casting offensive spells in combat, and other NPCs are now slightly less inclined.
- Fixed an issue where a notable NPC could rob you in your sleep, causing them to be labelled a thief and eventually run away forever
- Fixed a display issue that would show sleeping entities as both Resting and Sleeping
- Fixed a crash on startup caused by attempting to reference some deleted resources
|Updated||9 hours ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Release date||May 20, 2018|
|Genre||Role Playing, Adventure|
|Tags||Endless, Fantasy, Perma Death, Procedural Generation, Retro, Roguelike, Sandbox, Singleplayer, Text based|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, High-contrast|
|Links||Discord, Community, Twitter, Patreon|
|Mentions||itch.io Recommends: old-school roguelike...|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- 2019.02.16 Patch Notes4 days ago
- 2019.02.15 Patch Notes5 days ago
- 2019.02.13 Patch Notes7 days ago
- 2019.02.10 Patch Notes10 days ago
- 2019.02.08 Patch Notes11 days ago
- 2019.02.07 Patch Notes12 days ago
- 2019.02.06 Patch Notes13 days ago
- 2019.02.05 Patch Notes14 days ago