Wrestle honey badgers! Start forest fires! Save the world as a beekeeper! FARA is a text-based roguelike that runs in your browser and has over 50 classes, a never-ending supply of dungeons, and countless secrets. The goal of the game is to collect enough Key Fragments to complete the Astral Key. Fragments can be found in many places - the depths of dangerous dungeons, the bottoms of lakes, or even in the pockets of unwitting strangers. Most notable actions in the game add to a score, and when you die, your score is added to a persistent total that unlocks new options the next time you play. FARA is in the alpha stage, and is buggy as hell. Feedback and bug reports are desired and encouraged!
Bug reports are particularly helpful at this stage, since there may or may not be a ton of issues, and they have the nasty tendency to stop the game dead in its tracks.
The desktop versions of FARA are updated monthly (with the exception of critical bug fixes), and the web version is updated a few times a week.
HOW TO PLAY
Use the [ Arrow Keys ] to move, press [ Tab ] to cycle through targets, [ E ] to interact, [ A ] to attack, and [ T ] to take things. There's way more to FARA, but that should be enough to get you
killed started. Collect 10 Key Fragments to save the world!
Latest Patch - 2018.10.19
- Added a few new meal types
- Added some new aquatic life
- Added ~20 new craftable items
- Entities can now fish in rivers in addition to ponds and oceans
- Re-added a few command synonyms that were unintentionally purged in the last update
- Re-added the /engrave command
- Animals no longer eat food that has been successfully secured by other entities
- The !Stunned! condition has been reworked to behave more like the Immobilized condition. Time no longer passes for the player while stunned, and instead every action is converted into an attempt to shake off the stun and regain focus. An entity's Constitution affects the chance to successfully remove stun. Being stunned now dramatically lowers all stats.
- Made some tweaks to autocomplete so it's a little less jumpy and... insistent.
- Fixed a bug that caused targets outside of the map to show on the Nearby list
- Fixed a few crashes involving NPCs using defensive spells
|Published||May 20, 2018|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Release date||May 20, 2018|
|Tags||Perma Death, Procedural Generation, Roguelike, Sandbox, Text based|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, High-contrast|
|Links||Community, Twitter, Patreon, Discord|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- 2018.10.19 Patch Notes2 days ago
- 2018.10.17 Patch Notes4 days ago
- 2018.10.12 Patch Notes9 days ago
- 2018.10.11 Patch Notes11 days ago
- 2018.10.10 Patch Notes11 days ago
- 2018.10.07 Patch Notes15 days ago
- 2018.10.05 Patch Notes16 days ago
- 2018.10.03 Patch Notes18 days ago