Wrestle honey badgers! Start forest fires! Ride grizzly bears as a beekeeper! FARA is a text-based roguelike that runs in your browser and has over 60 classes, a never-ending supply of dungeons, and countless secrets. The goal of the game is to collect enough Key Fragments to complete the Astral Key. Fragments can be found in many places - the depths of dangerous dungeons, the bottoms of lakes, or even in the pockets of unwitting strangers. Most notable actions in the game add to a score, and when you die, your score is added to a persistent total that unlocks new options the next time you play. FARA is in the alpha stage, and is buggy as hell. Feedback and bug reports are desired and encouraged!
Bug reports are particularly helpful at this stage since they have the nasty tendency to stop the game dead in its tracks.
The web and desktop versions of FARA are updated a few times a week.
HOW TO PLAY
Use the [ Arrow Keys ] to move, press [ Tab ] to cycle through targets, [ e ] to interact, [ a ] to attack, and [ t ] to take things. If command lines and shortcuts aren't really your thing, you can also click/tap around the interface to perform most actions. There's way more to FARA, but that should be enough to get you
Latest Patch - 2019.03.23
- Added 2 new landmarks/scenarios
- Added rarity values to the different landmarks. In practice, this means that landmarks like Shrines aren't as likely to show up as, say, Encampments.
- Weapons designed to be thrown now have a chance to slow their targets.
- Entities in pursuit can now open closed doors
- Entities no longer reveal traps they've set when searching an area
- Combat-capable entities no longer stow weapons
- Fixed a bug which prevented Potters from crafting clay items as intended
- Fixed a bug which prevented traps thrown by Engineers from properly setting
- Fixed a bug which prevented thrown items from dealing damage under most circumstances
- Fixed a bug which caused the drop rate of Animal Bones to be a little higher than intended
- Fixed a freeze/lag caused by entities getting confused by closed doors
- Fixed an issue which caused mouse/touch input to crash the game in Firefox
- Fixed some unintended interactions related to the /give command
- General performance improvements
|Updated||2 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Release date||May 20, 2018|
|Genre||Role Playing, Adventure|
|Tags||Endless, Fantasy, Perma Death, Procedural Generation, Retro, Roguelike, Sandbox, Singleplayer, Text based|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, High-contrast|
|Links||Discord, Community, Twitter, Patreon|
|Mentions||itch.io Recommends: old-school roguelike...|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- 2019.03.23 Patch Notes2 days ago
- 2019.03.17 Patch Notes7 days ago
- 2019.03.15 Patch Notes/Hotfix10 days ago
- 2019.03.13 Patch Notes11 days ago
- 2019.03.11 Patch Notes13 days ago
- 2019.03.10 Patch Notes14 days ago
- 2019.03.08 Patch Notes15 days ago
- 2019.03.05 Patch Notes19 days ago