Wrestle honey badgers! Start forest fires! Save the world as a beekeeper! FARA is a text-based roguelike that runs in your browser and has over 50 classes, a never-ending supply of dungeons, and countless secrets. The goal of the game is to collect enough Key Fragments to complete the Astral Key. Fragments can be found in many places - the depths of dangerous dungeons, the bottoms of lakes, or even in the pockets of unwitting strangers. Most notable actions in the game add to a score, and when you die, your score is added to a persistent total that unlocks new options the next time you play. FARA is in the alpha stage, and is buggy as hell. Feedback and bug reports are desired and encouraged!
Bug reports are particularly helpful at this stage, since there may or may not be a ton of issues, and they have the nasty tendency to stop the game dead in its tracks.
HOW TO PLAY
Use the [ Arrow Keys ] to move, press [ Tab ] to cycle through targets, [ E ] to interact, [ A ] to attack, and [ T ] to take things. There's way more to FARA, but that should be enough to get you
killed started. Collect 10 Key Fragments to save the world!
Latest Patch - 2018.08.16
- The player is no longer the only one looking for Key Fragments. New and more powerful entities (both friend and foe) will appear depending on the number fragments the player has.
- Added a capslock warning message. It can be disabled with /capslock.
- In addition to points earned, key fragments collected and days survived are now tracked on the leaderboard.
- Removed the defunct /autokeys command
- Changed the Quick Action window shortcut from [ 0 ] to [ ` ]
- Most game settings have been removed from /help in an effort to make that window a little less daunting. They can still be seen under /settings.
- Normalized keybinding text throughout the game. Lowercase keys will always been represented as [ x ], and uppercase versions as [ shift + x ]
- Hiding the Quick Action window will now prevent the related logic from running, potentially improving performance
- Fixed a bug that allowed chests and the like to be opened from a distance
- Fixed a display bug when attempting to use /carry without a target
|Published||92 days ago|
|Release date||92 days ago|
|Tags||browser, Difficult, Dungeon Crawler, Loot, Perma Death, Roguelike, Sandbox, Text based|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Subtitles, High-contrast|
|Links||Community, Twitter, Patreon, Discord|
- 2018.08.16 Patch Notes5 days ago
- 2018.08.15 Patch Notes6 days ago
- State of the Game12 days ago
- 2018.08.01 - Public Alpha 5!19 days ago
- 2018.07.30 Patch Notes20 days ago
- 2018.07.29 Patch Notes21 days ago
- 2018.07.28 Patch Notes23 days ago
- 2018.07.27 Patch Notes24 days ago