2018.10.17 Patch Notes
- Rebuilt the lighting engine! Light level now factors into many gameplay elements:
--- Entities standing in brightly lit areas are easier to hit. Entities standing in darker areas are harder to hit.
--- Light level now influences the efficacy of stealth
--- Entities standing in pitch black areas can no longer be seen/targeted without first searching
--- Dungeons and the underground are now pitch black by default. Some dungeon chambers may contain lit braziers, but you'll need to brings plenty of torches or lanterns.
--- There are now new game mechanics around navigating in the dark
- Added an autocomplete for typed commands! It can be disabled with /autocomplete.
- Added more interactions to the Quick Actions menu
- Increased the mount of stamina gained from eating meals
- Decreased the size of dungeons by about 20%
- Adjusted a few recipes and made their associated components easier to find
- Updated some spell effect visuals
- Updated the throwing reticle to (hopefully) be a easier to see and understand
- Made the area culling algorithm more aggressive, increasing game performance over long sessions
- Digging holes into caverns now always produces a cavern exit
- Fixed a bug that prevents NPCs from using native, non class-related spells and abilities
- Fixed a whole bunhc of typos
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.