2019.05.20 Patch Notes
The first public alpha for FARA was released one year ago today! I can't put into words how grateful I am to everyone who's taken the time to try FARA out and provide feedback. This game wouldn't be even half of what it is today were it not for the enthusiastic, welcoming, and dedicated community which has built up over the last year. I've wanted to be a game dev since I was a kid, and the FARA community has made that dream more fulfilling than I ever thought possible. You all have been incredible, and I look forward to the continued discourse that has shaped the game into something so many people find enjoyable. Now, let's celebrate the occasion by making the game way harder:
- Key Fragments no longer resurrect the player when killed.
- Added a new innate spell to the player character - Astral Blessing. This ability expends ALL collected Key Fragments to completely restore health, stamina, and mood. Astral Blessing also bestows several positive effects for a moderate duration, removes all hunger and thirst, and damages nearby enemies.
- Started working on some public leaderboard stuff. When a character of notable achievement dies, retires, slays a dungeon boss, or completes the Astral Key, an announcement will be made in the FARA Discord (https://discordapp.com/invite/TxECEtn). You can set a username ingame with /setusername yourname. You can opt out of this feature with /eventsharing.
- Increased the importance of dexterity for reliably hitting targets with ranged weapons
- Removed the strength bonus from ranged weapon damage
- Made some changes to the start of the game
- Removed wooden planks from the game and adjusted crafting recipes for objects which used them
- Individual keybindings can now be reset with '/setkey keytochange default'
- Made an adjustment which should make it a little easier to build shelters when you have allies following you
- Typing /define without specifying any text wil now show all glossary entries.
- Non-sentient entities can no longer be knocked prone.
- Fixed several broken commands issued via mouse menu
- Fixed an issue which prevented the [ z ] key from being re-bound
- Fixed an issue which allowed certain monster abilities to work on slain entities
- Fixed a bug that allowed traps be salvaged with /salvageall.
- Fixed (more) issues with the Pounce ability
- Fixed an edge case with Elder riddles which allowed duplicates of certain answers
- Fixed a crash caused by entering castles
A fresh game is required in order to continue regular play.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.